Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Whats happening . . .

Hey all,

Its been a while since I have been on here . . . for those of you that are only following us on here I am sorry, I am posting more photos and things on facebook. Just sign up for a facebook account and then add me as a friend and you will then have access to all of our pictures. Its just way easier to upload them on facebook.

As for my current interest . . . I am very interested in how the Hebrew language looks and have been experementing with the google translator online and translating bits and pieces of the Bible and other phrases into Hebrew. Granted it probably isn't too accurate, but it sure looks cool. Here is our blog title in Hebrew:

גלישת ריינולדס


I think my interest in this came out of our recent trip to Krakow, Poland, and the visit we had to the Auschwitz concentration camp museum and the jewish quarter of Krakow. I am just fascinated at how the Lord has brought this people through such terrible times. I mean it is a shame that they have missed the point of the fact that Jesus is the Messiah that they have been waiting on for centuries, but their culture is really fascinating and one that we all can trace our western ways of thinking back to. There is a great book by Thomas Cahill called The Gifts of the Jews. In his book Cahill writes about how the ways we think and things that are engrained into our western way of thinking, our worldview, go back to the time of the books of the old testament and the Hebrew people. Abraham, instead of just going about life in the ancient circle of birth, growth, reproduction, and death like mostly all other civilizations of that time, decided to follow "his Lord" and just go, to start to lead a life that is in a sense looking towards a future that was not there under the other civilizations' worldviews. So basically I am oming to a greater appreciation of Jewish culture and their history which is really shared. If I am unclear about what Cahill wrote, it was a fantastic book and one I would urge you to pick up and read sometime.

Thats pretty much all for this post . . . I hope to update as soon as I can.


B


No comments: