Friday, February 20, 2009

Summer thoughts . . .

Hey all,

Its been a while again . .. again this is due to my schedule being so different.

This evening we are going to have our annual International Family Fun Night. This is a wonderful event in which we sort of celebrate the fact that the Lord has blessed us as a school by bringing us students from so many nations, 34+ nations at that. It is a fun evening of song, dance, performances of cultural nature, and a great evening to get to know the parents of our kids. Betka and I will be preparing and running "the Czech Room", one of many rooms that teachers and parents are putting on to teach the kids about different countries. The kids take their "passports" around and get a stamp for each country only after they demonstrate that they learned about the country. We are very excited about our Czech room and hope that the kids will learn alot about a country that is my wife's home country and is slowly becoming my second mother land. Please pray that this evening will be a big impact towards the parents and our students' families for Christ.

On another note, I thought I would write very generally about a student that I have in one of my art classes right now. This boy seems to be very rough around the edges and tries to get attention from others during class. Unfortunately his ways of doing so have gotten him suspended from school twice already and his attitude seems to not be changing much at all so far. Sometimes hearing this guy talk during my class I get a sense that he really wants to know the Truth, but his life experiences to this point have not been helpul in leading him to Christ. I will call this student Akbar for this and all the other posts that I write about him. Please pray for him, the Lord knows his real name, and I believe that being here at VCS among other believers will be excellent for him. Please pray that I, as his teacher, would have a ginormous amount of patience with him and that the Lord might use me to get through to him with His Truth. until next time . . . Tschuss!

B

No comments: