Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tobi's progress . . .

Hey all,

I thought I would start an update . . . granted we are very busy now getting ready for school and due to the fact that I do not have a room due to construction I am a little short for time for things "extra" and that includes blog entries and so forth. I will do my best though to keep all of you clued in as to whats happening in the life of our little family here in Wien and the small school that we are totally blessed to be a part of.

Yesterday I and the rest of the VCS teachers and staf for the 2008-2009 school year started what is going to be 4 packed days of beginning of the year information and stuff. Friday the kids come for registration and then the following Monday, August 25th, school starts.

This year we have almost an entirely new elementary staff, we have new kindergarten, 1st grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, P. E., and a new Elementary principal. So far things are going really well and we all seem to be working well together . . . your prayers are needed here to assure that we connect as a team and that we have god work relationships. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

On the home front . . . Tobi and Betka are doing quite well. Tobi is still waking up periodically during the night but he almost always goes right back to sleep after a routine feeding and/or diaper changing. He is absolutely adorable and if I may say so looks very grown up for only a 3 week old! His many faces are amazing!:) We do not have pictures to post right now but will very soon . . .whenever I have a bit of extra time to spare.

One special prayer is for me during these first couple of weeks. Because of the construction as I stated before I do not have my room ready and will be traveling from classroom to classroom the first 2 weeks or so to teach art. I am not a flexible person at heart and this is really hard for me to not really have a place, or computer at school to set my things, to sort of get "organized" for the start of school. Please pray for me to have a really awesome attitude about something thats really hard for me, and that I might be an encouragement to those around me. There are definitely some teachers that have it worse off . . . some rooms will not be usable until mid-October!!! We really do live off of your prayers and they are greatly appreciated.

Until next time . . . Tschuss!:)

B&B&T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi B, B,& T,
School is started here and the weather has been wonderful. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well with you and your new family responsibilities. I know your mom had a great visit. I'm looking forward to seeing you in January. Love to you all, Dee