Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ephesians 6:10-18

Ephesians 6:10-18

A final word: Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the Devil. For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms. Use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared. In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere.


I really liked this passage of scripture that we had in our intranet daily news that I read every day to the 6th graders during homeroom. It is a way to reach all the kids as long as they are in homeroom and listening. I thought I might look at this scripture and tell you all what I think I do in my life for each of these ways to fight against the forces of darkness.

"Put all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all the strategies and tricks of the Devil." This is so true in life as we Christians know or should have experienced. It can come in numerous forms and many that might not even seem like a spiritual attack at the time. Some subtle ways that I see it happen is the way I relate to others. I find that whenever I am not daily in the word and meditating on His words that is when my relationships go down the toilet. If I am not relating regularly to the Lord Jesus that makes everything and is the most important priority then of course relationships with my spouse, co-workers, fellow missionaries, etc will go to pot.

"Stand your ground wearing the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness." For me this is so true like I said before whenever I am not in the word and listening to Him my spiritual pants fall down. Its a little hard to fight the enemy when your pants are around your ankles. Wearing his righteousness armor gives us a thing to be confident in. By no means am I righteous enough of my own accord to stand up to Satan's attacks. In God's strength I am weak but thats ok and daily I try my best to remember that and to walk in that Truth.

"For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared." Sometimes I can't even understand how the Lord brings peace in certain situations but I am very glad that He does. For example, when the stuff with my dad happened, the Lord provided peace beyond what I could ever have dreamed. I praise Him for it.

"In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan." Every time that I start to get depressed or sad that I am away from half of my family and I can't be involved in their lives I believe that Satan ven uses my desire to have good relationships with them to shoot an arrow at me. I am very thankful that the Lord has given me the faith that deflects those arrows or I would definitely not get through everything.

"Put on salvation as your helmet . . ." Salvation is one of, if not the most important things to a Christian living in this fallen world. Without it we are not protected from morally wrong ways of thinking or doing things. When we receive salvation from faith in Jesus we are protected almost by a helmet around our hearts . . . it blocks out the bad. ". . . and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." This allows us to discern what is truly good and bad and helps us to decide rightly which action to take. It acts as a heavenly discerner in our lives.

Thats my nugget for the day.

Brian


No comments: