Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My focal point for the rest of this year and the beginning of next school year . . . .

The other day as my wife was "cleaning " my desk, something she likes to do occasionally because my "organization" isn't sufficient, she happened upon a bookmark that I received from a lady at the Aldersgate Conference in Rogers, Arkansas last year. This lady, I can't even remember her name now, but she apparently had the gift of prophecy and it always seemed to her to manifest itself most when she was shopping for seemingly useless things. She would buy things and make crafty things and in some miraculous way the Lord would use these to encourage other Christians whenever and wherever she has speaking engagements. She was speaking on the topic of spiritual warfare if I recall correctly and she would stop occasionally to hand out certain objects to specific people in the room. As she kept handing out things the Lord was using her to greatly encourage those listening to her presentation. She handed out a bag of nuts to one gentlemen with the encouragement "The Lord wants me to tell you . . .you're not nuts!" The same gentleman informed her later, when she asked those that received items to share their testimony if they wanted to, that they almost didn't come to Aldersgate because all their relatives said they were nuts for going. Wow, our Lord really meets us where we are huh!?

While we were watching all these amazing things happen I felt deep down that it would be cool to get something, but we had come in late and I figured that she wouldn't give us anything because we hadn't been there for the whole presentation . . . . well I was wrong. The first time she came our way she walked up to Betka and handed her a string of wooden decorative fish and told her something to the effect of "The Lord says that you will find new and innovative ways to fish." Betka took that word to mean that she would be fine in ministry in Vienna as she had been very worried about how she was going to minister. She was a bit worried and the Lord met her where she was . . . the fish are still hanging in our entry way and she has indeed found new ways to fish.

A few minutes later as the lady was talking again and she paused after she had read the following scripture: "My son, pay attention to my wisdom; lend your ear to my understanding." Proverbs 5:1. As soon as she read it I knew that the book mark that she read was for me and sure enough, even though we were sitting in the back her gaze penetrated the crowd and found me and she walked towards me. She had a wireless microphone on and when she got to me she read another two scripture verses that were on the back of the book mark. "Tis' time to walk in the way of understanding for the sake of your family." Proverbs 9:6b and "Stand tall in the fear of the Lord!" Proverbs 10:1. When she was there giving me that bookmark that I have taped to my computer monitor right now I felt in my heart that I had alot on my plate and I needed the Lord to be a good husband. At that time I had no idea that I would be expecting my first son not much more than a year later. God really knows what he is doing! :)

I would just like to encourage all of you no matter where you are and what you are going through . . .our Lord really is there freely offering the strength we need from. Whenever we have no idea what to do the Lord knows . . .we can and should walk in His way of understanding. So the rest of this year as I prepare for the birth of my son I will be meditating on the aforementioned scriptures and asking the Lord to grant me the ability to stand in fear of Him and to trust him as I seek to walk in His way of understanding because I surely cannot understand the situation I am in. Thank you and God bless you all in advance for the prayers that I am sure you will send up on my and my wife's behalf.

Brian

No comments: