Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Lord sure knows what He's doing . . . .

Hey again everybody.

One thing has been on my mind alot lately. Just about how must I really don't get anything with out Jesus' help. I really have no idea what I am doing and the only way that I will end this school year with my sanity in check still is if I continue to turn to Him for understanding and answers to everything. He is the one who knows my heart best, and as a result knows me the best. I feel it is a great honor to be serving Him and through this all He is surely molding me into the vessel that He wants to carry His word of life.

As some of you might know we as VCS staff are now going through our week and a half "orientation" of sorts. Much of it is the same as it was this time last year, but a few key changes have made it really really different. One of those main changes is the fact that we only really have a director and 1, thats right, 1 principal. VCS consists of 3 schools, Elementary, Middle, and High, and we have an amazing man in place now mainly for high school, but he has assumed the role of Principal of all three schools. Nels has graciously taken on the really strenuous role of principal of the entirety of Vienna Christian School. That stress mentioned, I feel really good about this coming school year. even though I really have no idea what it must be like to be a principal of three schools, I do know that NELS WILL NEED OUR PRAYERS THIS YEAR. Please join with me in prayer as he takes on this Gignormous (sp?) task. I feel that there is an amazing amount of unity this year so far and we can seriously use prayers that it would continue that way so that we can reach the students as effectively as possible.

I am also excited about this year for a few new reasons. Firstly, because we have no band teacher the 6th and 8th graders will all be required to take art for a half year. That means that I will have the entire 6th and 8th grades this year in art, the 8th graders this first part and 6th graders the second. I have also volunteered to be the 6th grade homeroom teacher. Not knowing it at the time I volunteered, but this person is very important to the students' settling in to the life and routines here at VCS. This also means that I will have an excellent opportunity to hang out with the kids doing things like announcements, report cards, etc. really, it is 7 minutes each day after first block that I will have to get to know these students and build relationships with them. I am excited to see how the Lord will use me in the lives of these, our youngest middle schoolers.

I also wanted to mention here really quickly the value of the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries' conference every year. Betka and I had a chance to go and attend the workshops available there this past summer and it was a really awesome experience. Instead of explain everything about it here I will connect you to their webpage
The Holy Spirit showed up there in a really big way. We really enjoy going there every year. This year it was held in Rogers, Arkansas and Betka and I drove down there with my grandparents. My grandparents got involved with this organization a few years back and then took my little brother and he was saved 4 years ago at the conference. I had my first Aldersgate experience in Overland Park, Kansas 3 years ago and have been blessed to be able to go back each year, usually with my grandparents. I know that for me personally I would not be able to minister as a missionary with out this yearly "fill-up" of the Holy Spirit. It has become a huge part of Betka and my life as she has been to the last 2 Aldersgate conferences. Please feel free to email me or comment with any questions as to what in detail happens at each conference and what the ministry there is all about. I would be overjoyed to share with you.

Anyway . . . I must get going . . . I have alot to plan and not alot of time to plan it, so until next time . . . do be blessed and walk in the Spirit daily. Blessings and love.

In His grip,
B & B

No comments: