Monday, August 13, 2007

It's been a long time and for that I am very sorry. . .

Hey there again everyone. Again I am very sorry for how long it has been since our last post. Its been almost an entire month and no update and there is no excuse for that other than I was extremely busy this past month, but then again who isn't right? Anyway I just wanted to post this newest entry to let y'all know that Betka and I are still alive and kicking and safely back in Austria from after our wonderful visit to the USA.

This past month we had a wonderfully blessed time visiting many of our faithful supporters and other friends and family. Betka and I were still whirling from our recent wedding that happened in her hometown, Lednice on June 9th but were able to spend a very restful and splendid time "back home" in the States. Now we have been married for a little over 2 months and it hasn't even seemed like that long! :) I think I shared a few pictures online a while back and those of you that we had the blessing of seeing on this US trip got to see some, but here are some more pics from our wedding as well as from our honeymoon.


Above are two pics from our wedding. The three guys are me and my brothers, Chris on the left and Matthew on the right. Notice the flower on my lapel and the little greenery on the guys' shirts? Czech tradition. The flower signifies the groom while the greenery signifies each member of the "wedding party" meaning everyone that is invited to the reception. The czechs do this as sort of a discreet way to let people know whether or not they should stick around afterward. Kind of neat I think.


My dad made it to Europe and got to see where I work each day. It was a blessing to share "my "European world" firsthand with them.


To the left is a favorite picture of mine. I like how it almost portrays Betka and I "starting the steps of life together". Oh so romantic . . . (insert sarcastic cough here.) :)
The picture on the right is after our reception when we hurriedly got changed and were swept to the train station headed to Vienna, then a couple days later we headed off for Northern Slovakia on our honeymoon. Wow, our wedding day was a wonderful whirlwind of busy-ness. A really blessed time. We will have pictures of our honeymoon later just haven't uploaded them yet. Some of you saw them because we had some printed just haven't "blogged" them yet.


Above,Grace Community United Methodist Church's hospitality committee and my parents organized a "state-side reception" for myself and my new bride. We enjoyed it very much as it gave us a chance to see people we had not seen in a long time and it gave them a chance to celebrate with us. Grace, we really appreciated your effort in making that event a success.

Our summer was pretty busy but very restful at the same time. Our objective was to relax and get ready for the upcoming school year first and foremost but to also spread the word about Vienna Christian School and the need that Betka and I have as missionaries here. I believe that we succeeded in that goal. We have been blessed with the addition of a few more individual supporters as well as finally adding a church congregation to our support base. Betka and I would like to thank Calvary Bible Church in Bradley, IL for its wonderful hospitality and desire to reach the nations with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We thank God for your dedication to not only feeding and nurturing your flock back in Bradley, but also supporting others that are doing the Lord's work in Vienna. We look forward to sharing our ministry with you.

We have been pretty busy this summer. In addition to talking about VCS and looking for people that are ready, willing, and able to support us in missions at VCS, we were also blessed with a great amount of time to devote to visiting my family, immediate and extended. My brother Chris moved out to California at the beginning of July but we were able to spend some time with him before he left. Thanks Chris for hanging out with us. For that matter we really spent some quality time with many members of my family. Matthew, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, Paula, Jessica, Christine, Reynolds clan, thank you all you guys for making this summer most memorable for us. We look forward to it every year or as much as the Lord makes it possible.

The first week back we really just relaxed and got used to being back in America. It was a great time to get caught up with family again. Betka had a chance to play a couple of songs with my dad at church. This was greatly appreciated and enjoyed by the church members and was truly blessed for all present.


We also went up to Glen Ellyn, Illinois for their Independance day parade and fireworks. This is an event that we really look forward to each year and, though the weather was incredibly hot and humid, we enjoyed our time with my dad's side of the family immensely.



Above: we met up with my uncle Ed, my mom's brother, and his family at the Glen Ellyn parade. It had been way too long since we had last seen each other so it was a huge blessing to see each other again even if only for a short time. Can you believe that the tall guy next to grandma is only 14!? Crazy! :) Anyway it was awesome to see you guys and we hope to see you again soon!

Well, I knew that there were way too many things to mention in this entry but I figured to give you an over view this was the best I could do right now. So, yeah, that was our summer in a nutshell. Right now I am getting geared up for a new school year and have to get back to organizing my classroom. Betka is busy studying for her exams that she will be traveling back to Brno for come this September. It is only a one day thing but she has to stand in front of her professors and they randomly pick a topic and she has to expound on whatever she knows about it. Please remember her in prayer as this transition is much more difficult for her than me seeing as how this is her first year ever without school save the year she spent in England. Life changes and we all need the Grace of God to keep on going.

Thank you each and every one of you that keep checking on this blog. Without your prayers and support I am almost certain that we would not be serving here in Vienna or any other place for that matter. God bless you all and until next time. Peace, Love, and . . . . mullets? Anywho, have a really blessed day in the word and be blessed walking with our Lord.

In His grip,

Brian & Betka

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Brian,
Loved the post! Thanks for the update. Great choice of pictures - they really capture the happenings. :)

You didn't mention Aldersgate! That was a great event too. Oh well, everything went so fast and so many things - hard to remember everything.

Love you! Good luck with the beginning of oyur school year - Year 2 - Wow!!

Give our love to Betka. We will keep her in our prayers for her tests. I am glad she is finishing them. She will be glad when she is finished.

Love, Mom

cr102084 said...

Dude, didn't realize you met up with Ed and family, thats awesome. Is that Henry?!?!? You've got to be kidding me, also I didn't even recognize Ed with the facial hair, thats cool.

Just so ya know, cali is going great, work is interesting and keeps me thinking (and pays the bills ya know? :-)) and cali is nice, I'm living a couple hundred feet from the beach, definitely a nice location. People are cool here too so, all is well at the moment!

-Chris