Wednesday, May 30, 2007

This has really been a blessed year . . .

Hey there again everyone!

It is kind of a sad time here at VCS towards the end of the year. Many of us as teachers know that a few of our students will leave our school and possibly even Austria as June 6th rolls around and we get ready to be finished with the 2006-2007 school year. This time is met with joy and sadness for us and our students. Today in my 5th grade, 1st grade, and 6th grade art classes we talked about where some of my students were going to go. One of the best artists in my 5th grade class is going back to Korea, an Indian boy is going back to India, it is a sad time for the kids sometimes too. The best part about this time though, is that even though we are all a little sad we know that this year has been a good one. It has been a tough year, but I feel that the Lord has blessed the time that my students have spent in my classroom. I was given Wiener (Viennese) chocolates from my Korean student that is leaving. He was sad to leave but thanked me for being his teacher and he said, through his limited english, that he was honored to be in my class. It was a moment that warmed my heart, mainly because sometimes I felt like I wasn't getting through to any of those kids. Today was a good day.

Another way that I have been blessed this year is by the dedication of all of you that have been supporting me in prayer and finances. Your donations go into my missionary account with RCE and then I am given a monthly salary based on what the requirements are for me to get a visa to stay here in Austria. My salary has ranged between $1400 and $1600 every month and next year it will have to go up to $1900 due to an increase by the Austrian government as to visa requirements. On a praise note, my RCE account has stayed in the black every month this year! :) This is due to your following God's call to give and remaining faithful to your commitment. Praise be to God for blessing you all with the faithfulness to be so consistent. It has been amazing to see how the Lord is using each of you to keep me here. Betka and I look forward to this summer where we will have a chance to share what the Lord has been doing in our lives and meet with you and see how you are all doing. We are excited to hear how the Lord has been blessing you while we have been in Europe and to share what we believe God has planned for us as newlyweds at VCS for next year.

May your day be blessed walking with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Blessings! :)

Brian and Betka

No comments: