Friday, May 11, 2007

Quick note . . .

The daily news always has wonderful reminders of what my role is as a Christian in this world and how I must live.
Today's:
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Its actually from the Bible, so I guess it is true what is said that the Bible is food for our soul. I've always known that in my head but it is now starting to penetrate my heart. This week I have been making a sincere effort to read the Bible during my 15 minute commute on the subway each morning. The only other alternative is to people watch, snooze sitting up, or read the daily "news"papers Heute and Osterrich which are more like free toilet paper. They really are trash with scantily clad women and men scattered throughout their pages every other day it seems. It is really frustrating that young kids get in the habit of reading this "news"paper each day and they become numb to nudity.

As a result of reading God's word more, this week I have been much much more able to healthily deal with the everyday stresses better and I feel more joy to be doing this all for God. Life right now is hectic, bu God is still good. My heart is in a good state.

Be blessed everyone,

B

No comments: