Monday, April 16, 2007

Prayer please . . .

Hey there everyone,

I thought I would get real right now and ask you to please pray for me. I am at a point right now in life where I should be really really happy, but I am not. I am stressed and cynical and burning out and I really really don't want to be that way. My really tough struggle is with meeting expectations of people. It shouldn't matter what others think because my worth is in Christ Jesus our Lord, but with my also being a first year teacher I believe that I have the responsibility to meet some expectations. I really want to learn, but sometimes it is just really hard and I almost want to have a bad year and have someone acknowledge that it is a bad year so that I can learn from it and move on. It is like sometimes people don't want to acknowledge that. I really haven't vented like this in a while, but it is good to know that there are people reading this that really care. Please pray that I would continue to see the Lord's will in this and that I wouldn't get disheartened. I know that the Lord doesn't give us more than He is with us to help us handle, but it seems like too much sometimes. I am new at teaching and I don't feel adequate at what I'm doing, I am going to be a new husband and I know that I will never be able to get to my goal for that, and I am new to the cross-cultural thing too even though I lived in czech last year this Austrian culture is way tougher and it is really hard. I guess this is just a time where I have to trust that the Lord is with me even if I can't feel it. I know He is there but why does faith have to feel like death. It's just downright HARD to have faith sometimes.

On a more positive note I would like to say that this week is Spiritual Emphasis Week for the Elementary school here at VCS and Jerry Jacoby and his wife, Michaella are here to minister to our students. Not only are they ministering to our Kids but we as adult teachers get to hear a fun approach to the Gospel that rings true even for us. God bless them. You can check out more about the couple at http://jerryjacoby.com/ This week will be great. My art schedule is out of whack though but hey thats every elementary teacher this week. The kids will be learning about "The Great story" of God's grace. The guy is seriously the funniest kids entertainer I have ever seen and the kids adore him. I hope to have pics soon. I'll have to rely on fellow staff members for those because I kind of forgot mine in CZ. Oops! :) Anyway, I hope all of you have benefited from my aparent venting. I feel much better now and quite able to continue into this hectic week. Please keep me in your prayers as you think of SEW this week and the impact that it not only has on my routine but more importantly the impact that it can have on the students and towards winning their hearts to Christ. God bless you guys.

B

No comments: