Friday, March 30, 2007

This weekend . . .

Hey there again folks! :)

I hope this post finds you all well. Not only can you check up on me, but you can also check out other missionaries' blogs from here in Vienna. Look at the links lists on the right. Should be really informative. I recommend the Gardners blog.

This weekend I have the opportunity of going to Kandern, Germany for the ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) educator conference. There will be many different speakers and sessions on how to become a better international school educator. There will be many teachers from all over Europe and the rest of the world as well. I'll be going with the director, his wife, and the spanish teacher. We leave early tomorrow morning so your prayers for traveling mercies would be greatly appreciated. The networking possibilities are also pretty large too. Please pray that I would go in an attitude to learn from many people that have 15-20+ years experience in the field of international education. Thanks.

Another thing that can be in your prayers is the wedding plans. I won't go into details, but everything is starting to come together, but there are some difficulties, mainly cultural differences that we are trying to work out. I know that the Lord's hand is in this whole thing and it is really about resting in Him knowing that He will provide.

Thanks so much for sticking by me over this past year. I as well as Betka are looking forward to being in the U.S. this summer. I have talked to a few of you about setting up times to share, but if I haven't contacted you yet and you know of an opportunity where Betka and I could share our stories, please feel free to contact me or her as soon as possible.

Easter is coming and I want to urge all of you to get back to the real meaning of Easter as well as Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, etc. We had an excellent time of reflection on what Jesus went through for us. The thing that has hit me hard lately is that He died not only to remove our sin from us, but he has given us his righteousness. To put it more simply. He took our place and has given us the right to be called Holy and good. Alll we need to do is honestly be sorry to Him and realize more and mmore each day that He is who He said He is, Jesus Christ, Son of God, Son of Man, Savior to all. Happy easter ya'll! :)

In His grip,

Brian

No comments: