Friday, November 17, 2006

Alles ist gut . . .All is good for you non-deutsch sprechers.

Yesterday was a day that was extremely interesting in that it was really long and I was stressed out for which, in hindsight, was nothing to be worried about at all.

I asked for your prayers yesterday and the Lord must have heard them because when I went to turn in my visa application things went smooth as silk! :) God is good! :) I left school a bit early with my packet of papers for my visa that Geraldine had prepared for me and my bank statements preparing for the most interrogative moment of my life in Austria, or so I thought. I figured I would wait for hours and I did for one hour. When it was my turn to go into the office the scary looking man beckoned me in with the German equivalent of "ok, next, what do you want?" The he rattled something off in German that I didn't understand so I replied, "tschudigung, sprechen sie englisch. Sorry Sir, do you speak english?" To which he replied sternly, "Nein, kein englisch. Nur deutsch. Nope, no english, only German." At this point I was really worried because my German isn't that great so I continued to explain why I was there in mixed German and english. I gave him my application, but before looking at it he said, "Ach so, du bist Amerikaner, no problam." I guess the visa thing is much easier than I have been told. Anyway, praise God that it is all worked out now and I am praying that it will continue to work out.

A friend of mine, Ray Wilck will be visiting me in Vienna this weekend. It will be good to have someone visit me here because it seems that I haven't shared this part of my life in person to anyone except Betka so far. I hope we have a good time. We should because the advent markets in Wien are opening this weekend and they are supposed to be really neat.

Tahts all for now guys. Thanks for being so faithful in your prayers and support as well as your continued reading of whats happening in my life here. Love you guys alot! :)

Brian

No comments: