Monday, October 30, 2006

Some recent pictures and thoughts . . .

Hey guys,

Just some thoughts on things as live keeps on going here in Vienna. The verse of the day . . .

Philippians 2:14-15

In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing, so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people. Let your lives shine brightly before them.

This past weekend was one that really hit home with me. I realized that God is so much bigger than the trivial feelings that we have each day. I remember back to when I was really feeling that everyone didn't want me in the Czech Republic. It was like I wanted to be there because at first they wanted me to be there, but towards the end of my service there it was like I wasn't even wanted. Turns out that as I know now I am working for the Lord and not for people. Yeah my bosses might be human along the way but my ultimate boss and master is our Lord Jesus Christ. I labor for Him and it is never in vain even if the human boss I work for doesn't want me there. So what I realized this past weekend as I spent my fall break in the Czech Republic is that it really didn't matter what everyone thought towards the end of my service there. Yes, input of co-workers is very important and needed to grow, but it really doesn't matter what others think as long as you are doing the Lord's will.

This past weekend I really got a sense that people have peace about why I was there and what they thought about it. I am also coming to grips with the fact that the Lord really had me there to form relationships with people that would continue through my life. I got to spend some quality time with very beloved persons in south Moravia this weekend and really was blessed by it. Please be in prayer for Irena Hajekova. Her father is elderly, 88, and he is having trouble walking and the burden of taking care of him has fallen on her. She could let him go to the hospital, but that would be bad because the care system is kind of messed up there. As it is the nurses are left to do everything in the hospital, cleaning, medication, food, etc. They do not spend time making sure that the mental health of the patients is good. Irena could not stand to submit her father to that. She is an amazing example of what it means to live your faith when it comes to us as Christians.

I will update pictures as soon as I have some time. It will for sure be in the next post. Thanks guys for continuing to be in touch and reading. Love ya all! :)

In Him,
Brian

1 comment:

Ruth R said...

It is great to hear that God is working on your heart. You certainly did make some wonderful relationships in the Czech Republic.

I will certainly keep Irena in my prayers. She and her father are often in my prayers but I will be sure to include a special word for them. Irena is such an inspiration to me and I will always remember her father. What a blessed man!!

Love you, Mom