Friday, September 29, 2006

Just another day being flexible . . .

Hey guys just thought I would give a little insight into the coolest thing about being a teacher here at VCS where we tend to be under staffed sometimes and where I am pushed to be as flexible as I can be. It is also a cool report on how God is blessing my life through these kids.

This morning right when I got in to school Megan Tice, the elementary secretary asked me to sub for the elementary music teacher because Mendy Burnett was sick. Mendy had amazing emergency sub plans and I was able to effectively handle a 40 minute elementary music class. It was a blast! We learned what mirroring was and the kids enjoyed the time alot I think. I asked each of them to find a partner and then we continued to tap and bang wooden sticks together in rythmn to the song. I thouroughly enjoyed myself with those kids. Our second graders are awesome and really well behaved. They have alot of energy and when controlled in an effective way they can be great.

So yeah now it is off to teach my 8th graders! :) Have a great day guys! :)

In His grip,
Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Music Man! That's the way to be a jack-of-all-trades educator (:

Matty